Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija News today, Friday 25thNovember 2022, can be accessed below.
Lagostimes Nigeria has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
1. Three policemen on escort duty were on Thursday shot dead at Rumuokoro axis of Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State. After killing the officers, the gunmen reportedly abducted the Managing Director of an oil and gas company in Port Harcourt, the State capital.
2. The Labour Party (LP), Ogun State chapter, yesterday demanded an immediate dissolution of the party’s Presidential Campaign Council over alleged domination by party leaders of the Southern extraction. The party also passed a vote of no confidence in the LP National Chairman, Julius Abure.
3. An Appeal Court sitting in Yola, Adamawa State capital, has declared Senator Aishatu Dahiru Binani as the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in Adamawa State. The court presided over by Justice Tani Yusuf Hassan set aside the judgement of a Federal High Court which nullified the governorship primary and declared that APC has no candidate for the 2023 governorship election.
4. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Thursday challenged Nigerian youths to engage in activities that would change the African narrative. Obasanjo submitted that such participation would also guarantee a better future for the young generation as it would not allow those who are messing up their future to succeed.
5. A Federal High Court in Lagos, on Thursday, stopped the establishment of the proposed national carrier – Nigeria Air, by the Federal Government. Justice Ambrose Lewis-Allagoa reordered the Federal Government and domestic airlines to maintain status quo in their suit relating to the establishment of the airline.
6. Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, yesterday solicited the votes of the people of the South-East, promising that his administration would address issues fueling agitation in the zone. He spoke at Pa Ngele Oruta Township Stadium, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, when he led members of his campaign team to officially flag-off the APC campaign in the State.
7. The Federal Government, yesterday, announced re-introduction of history as a stand alone subject in the basic education system in Nigeria, 13 years after it was abolished. No fewer than 3,700 teachers have also been shortlisted for the first round of training for enhanced teaching of the subject.
8. Following the appointment of 30 new permanent secretaries by Osun State Governor, Adegboyega Oyetola on Thursday, the State governor-elect, Ademola Adeleke yesterday vowed to sack the appointed civil servants.
9. Anambra State governor, Prof Charles Soludo has denied reports that he collected $28m to blackmail the presidential candidate of Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi. Disclosing this in a statement, Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Christian Aburime, described the report as a hatchet job by those who want to distract the governor.
10. Armed robbers have killed a 10-year-old Togolese girl for witnessing their operation in Ota, in the Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State. It gathered that a friend of the victim’s mother sent her to get charcoal at her house on Kilani Street, in the Iyana Iyesi area of Ota, around 7am on Thursday when the incident occurred.