Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija News today, Friday 25thNovember 2022, can be accessed below.
Lagostimes Nigeria has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
1. A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has sentenced the Inspector-General of Police Usman Alkali Baba to three months in prison for disobeying a valid court order. The court, in a ruling by Justice M. O. Olajuwon on Tuesday, held that the IGP should be committed to prison and detained in custody for a period of three months or until he obeys an order it made on October 21, 2011.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said weapons from the raging war between Russia and Ukraine are now slipping into the Lake Chad Basin region. Lake Chad region is an economically and socially integrated area in West and Central Africa straddling Cameroon, Chad, Niger, and Nigeria.
3. Victoria Chintex, a leader of Labour Party (LP) in Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State, has been killed. The Party’s Publicity Secretary in Southern Kaduna Senatorial Zone, Edward Buju, announced this in a statement on Tuesday.
4. The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Mahmood Yakubu, says the arsonists attacking the commission’s facilities nationwide cannot stop the 2023 elections. He spoke on Tuesday in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, while assessing the INEC office set ablaze by hoodlums.
5. Owners of foreign-registered private jets, comprising top business moguls, leading commercial banks and other rich Nigerians, have dragged the Federal Government to court seeking to prevent the government from grounding their planes for allegedly refusing to pay import duty on the jets.
6. Terrorists on Monday invaded the family house of the Divisional Police Officer for Dutsi Division, Katsina State Police Command and killed his mother and younger brother. The State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Gambo Isah confirmed the development.
7. There was pandemonium in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja yesterday, when policemen teargassed and dispersed hundreds of protesters staging a protest to demand for the resignation of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Tajudeen Ariwoola, over his alleged partisanship comment recently made in Rivers State.
8. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has stated that the decision on the presidential candidate to vote in the 2023 general election in the State will soon be made known. He said when the decision will be taken, Rivers electorate, who have enjoyed good governance under his watch and already desirous to reciprocate the gesture, would be told which presidential candidate to vote for.
9. The Osun All Progressives Congress, APC, has described the setting up of various review Panels by Governor Ademola Adeleke as an afterthought and one designed to arrive at predetermined outcomes. The party also called on the governor to settle down to study the handover notes so as to prevent the blunders he is committing.
10. A 23-year-old native doctor, identified as Emmanuel Odo, has allegedly killed his client, Benedict Onunze, while testing a gunshot-protection charm he prepared for him at Umuaram, Ikem, in Isi-Uzo Local Government Area of Enugu State. The Enugu State Police Command’s spokesperson, Daniel Ndukwe, said the native doctor, who killed his client, has confessed to the crime and has been arrested.